I find it is very easy to forget the little things that I am doing on a day to day basis that are following my new frugal life ethos. More importantly things that I wouldn’t have done, and didn’t do, before I started my frugal journey. So in an effort to appreciate the little things and focus my mind – I’ve made a list! Hopefully the little things will start to make a big difference.
– Using an old cotton vest of my daughter’s as a dish cloth
– Pack snacks and drinks for 8 hour car journey rather than stopping at Roadside Services. Unfortunately we discovered our thermos leaks. Oops!
– For a quick supper – homemade pizza, rather than using the pre-made pizza bases I use toasted tortilla wraps that we have in for my daughter’s lunch box. I know I could make proper pizza bases myself but I’m not there yet and the tortilla wraps are so quick and easy. As the attached photo demonstrates they make a great light pizza. This one has chicken, tomato, pepper and cheese. A thin spread of tomato purée on the base then pile up the bits, my 5 year old daughter loves doing this step herself and then melt under the grill.
– Any stale bread gets made into breadcrumbs and then used to make chicken schnitzel and chicken nuggets. On the look out for other recipes all the time.
– Used bicarbonate of soda to clean burnt on grime off oven grill trays instead of the really smelly oven cleaner.
– Turned the heat down in the house and kept my jumper and wooly boots on instead.
– Gratefully accept hand-me-down clothes for my daughter from friends and family.